help me write a story (or just watch)

Monday, April 6, 2009

Psuedo Political Science

For years I've watched at turns fascinated and bemused by the pseudo science in the stories and films that I love so much. I remember watching the Matrix opening week-end completely enthralled and all the while knowing that I was going to have to watch the DVD 1,000 times in order to actually make sense of it. I've memorized it now, but I still don't understand it. But I know that we all feel like we can row our boats gently down the stream, but merrily, life is but a dream. I want to pull off something like that, but with humor and compassion for a place and some people who were left behind long before the deep recession we've now officially been in for over a year. They may as well be under siege by aliens in Chester, SC. I also believe that the best science fiction has a social-political world view. Plainly, I'm a Democrat so in my story, bigger guns and lower taxes ain't gonna be the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive